Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In the beginning

So I've created this blog in order to chit chat about all the movies I watch and my various associated opinions and passions. Lord knows I need to channel all those hours into something purposeful. But I'm hoping this'll be a good way to develop those ideas and passions by flushing them out, exposing them to the world (that is priviledged enough to afford or gain access to the internet), and hopefully connect with others of a similar mind or not.

I enjoy alot of entertainment, but I'm willing to throw myself into the fire and watch something that may not fulfill the nagging desires of my short attention span. Hell, I'll sit through anything. I've seen Salo. I made it all the way through Dragonheart and the Dreamcatcher. There's very little I won't expose myself to. I'm generally pretty curious. But that's not to say that I won't trash talk the garbage afterwards. But I'm hoping to develop some constructive critical skills. I'm too intuitive and informed by a modern sensibility.

So bear with me if you disagree with something I write. I'd appreciate the benefit of the doubt. I'll try to be open to other ideas. I do think that syncreticism is possible through dialogue. We can all come to understand each other. That doesn't equal agreement. I hold my beliefs very passionately. I've come to them through a fair amount of thought and purpose.

So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love opinions. But I must say that honey catches more flies than vinegar, and even though I made it through Salo, I don't want to live my life with tons of vile nastiness. So please be honest and polite.